Last updated: January 31, 2021
Erica's Garden, LLC ("us", "we", or "our") operates EricasGardenLLC.com ("Site"). In doing so we respect your privacy and take measures to protect it. This page is provided in the interest of transparency. It details our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data received through the use of this Site. We use this data to provide and improve the Site and the services that it offers.
There are three ways in which we gather information from the users of this Site.
Personal Data may optionally and intentionally be entered by you into our contact or payment forms.
While using this Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Some of this data may be required before you will be able to submit a contact request or purchase items or services from the Site. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last names
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Street addresses
- Payment Information
Log data is gathered automatically while traversing the Site.
Log data is sent by browsers and recorded by web servers as browsers navigate through web pages on the internet for a variety of technical purposes including debugging errors that may occur while loading a particular page or creating an audit trail in the case of intentional misuse of a website. The servers that host this Site and its pages also perform this logging. Commonly logged data includes:
- IP addresses
- Details about your web browser and operating system
- Your device's capabilities
- Page requests
- Referring pages
- The time and duration of page visits
- Status and error messages
Cookies are generated by third party service providers.
Cookies are small text files that can be used to record contextual data as a client accesses a web page. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. They can be used for beneficial purposes like helping to secure or personalize your session while accessing a website. They can also be used by website administrators to track visitation and usage of the different parts of their websites giving them insight into the level of interest generated by the various content that they provide. Cookies can also be used for more intrusive tracking purposes and are therefore a privacy concern.
To specifically prevent your data from being factored into Google Analytics you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We use Personal Data for several reasons from providing basic functionality like communications with our clients to offering the ability to purchase goods and services online to targeting our marketing efforts. The following are the main reasons we collect and use Personal Data from our users.
- Our contact form gathers contact information and event details which allow us to respond to inquiries or requests and to determine if services can be provided for a particular event. This form serves to provide customer support, scheduling services and a way to initiate two-way communications with us for visitors to our Site.
- We use Square for online as well as in-store payment processing. Our payment forms gather contact, delivery and payment information allowing for the purchase and delivery of goods and services through our Site.
- We may use contact information to provide news, special offers or information about goods, services and events which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
We use usage data in many ways from analyzing user interaction with the Site to debugging technical issues. In addition, we use third party services to collect, monitor and analyze the usage data. This data is anonymous and aggregated. It is not linked to any specific individual. We do not link, transmit or store personally identifiable information with anonymous usage data. We do not use personal or usage data to perform any form of automated decision making or profiling. Following are some of the main things we look for in usage data, and the corresponding reasons why.
- We observe what site content is receiving attention, and when, to help us focus on bringing you the content that you most want to see when you want to see it.
- We use tools provided by search engines and social media to determine what channels our site traffic is coming from.
- We use analytics services to help determine what percentage of our site visitors ultimately choose to engage with our business online.
- We look at the browser and device capabilities of our Site visitors to try to ensure that our content and services are as readily accessible to as many of our visitors as possible.
- We may use performance indicators and status messages to debug and eliminate technical issues with the Site.
Information Retention, Handling and Deletion
Of the Personal Data gathered on our Site three forms may be retained by us for future use.
Contact data gathered from either the contact form or payment pages may be retained after the initial transaction or conversation for several purposes including the following.
- Legal purposes including legal or regulatory requirements
- Business purposes like policy enforcement or dispute resolution
Marketing purposes like mail or email marketing
Note; you may choose to stop receiving marketing materials at any time by unsubscribing from our emails as described in the following article How Customers Can Unsubscribe From Square Marketing Emails and/or by using the contact information at the bottom of this page to request that we remove you from our contact list. However, being removed from the contact list does not mean that all personally identifiable information is removed from our systems. It may continue to be retained for business or legal purposes.
Transaction history is retained indefinitely by Square which we use for both point-of-sale and online payment processing. Square is PCI compliant and highly secure. To better understand how your data is secured by Square read the following; Square's Security Practices.
- Optionally, you may choose to keep a payment card on file with us. We will never retain your payment card information unless you deliberately choose to have us do so. To understand how payment card information is secured, how you are kept informed about its usage and how to remove it from our systems read the following; Save Your Payment Card with a Square Seller
Our contact form also utilizes Namecheap's email services to relay contact requests to us. The following blog describes how Namecheap's email privacy practices surpass some other popular email providers; Namecheap: Our stance on email privacy.
We use Google Analytics to collect, store and analyze usage data from our Site. To understand their data retention policies and practices read the following; Safeguarding your data.
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Erica's Garden, LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Third Party Services
We may also share your Personal Data with third parties for the following reasons.
- For delivery services like that provided by the postal service
- For the production and distribution of marketing materials by marketing and promotional businesses
- For law enforcement or government authorities where due process has been followed to request that we disclose the information
Links to Other Websites
This Site contains links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Data Processing and Transfers
Depending on where you reside your online privacy rights may be protected by certain laws such as the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or the Nevada Privacy Law. In accordance with applicable laws and our own standards, we strive to respect and provide for your rights in ways that meet or exceed these requirements regardless of your place of residence. The following are some of your rights. To exercise any of these rights use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- You have the right to know what data we collect, how it is directly or indirectly acquired, why we collect it, how we use it, with whom it is shared, why it is shared and what countries it may be transferred to. You have the right to know if this data is used for profiling purposes and how to avoid being profiled. You have the right to know if the data being collected is a contractual requirement or if there are consequences for not providing it. You also have the right to be apprised of these rights.
- You have the right to opt out of the data collection and sharing that occur through the use of the Site. If we have collected data with your consent in the past, you can withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of your data at any time. However, withdrawal of consent does not affect data lawfully collected prior to your withdrawal.
- If you have any questions about your data, how we collect it, how we handle it, or how to exercise your rights contact us for more information.
- You can request a copy of your Personal Data and we will supply it in a common standardized format.
- If you believe your information is inaccurate or out-of-date you can contact us and we will make the necessary corrections for you.
- You can contact us if you disapprove of how your Personal Data is being processed and request that we stop processing it.
- If you object to any of our marketing practices, let us know and we will suspend processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
- You can request to be removed from our contact list or to have your Personal Data completely removed from our systems. However, we will retain Personal Data if it is required for legal purposes, dispute resolution, fraud prevention, debt collection, to enforce business policies or to maintain the integrity of our business data. We also retain anonymous data for analytics and auditing purposes.
- We will never penalize or discriminate against you either in our pricing or quality of service for exercising your rights.
Our Site content is designed for a general audience. However, consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), we will never knowingly collect, use, or share personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
Our Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information that we collect. We use an SSL certificate to protect online data transmissions with the highest strength encryption and only use established and proven software and service providers to store and manage our business data. However, no method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is perfectly secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.